The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 132 made on Tuesday August 3, 2021 at 08:28
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On August 2, 2021 at 17:51, Johnny Canuck said...
URC directly authorized dealers to provide CCP direct to customers. The same version of CCP that was provided to the dealers, not a non-updateable version.

URC did directly, for a while, provide end users with a non-updateable version of the stand alone editors prior to locking down CCP in 2013. From 2013 to 2021, URC allowed its dealers to provide the dealer version of CCP direct to their customers. It is that version that URC attempted to disable without warning.

There are plenty of posts in here already as to why URC is in breach of both expressed and implied terms of use and I won't repeat them in detail here, but the argument is pretty strong.

The argument is strong that you all got hosed, but based on my many years of watching daytime courtroom shows such as Judge Joe Brown and Judge Judy: I don't see a strong legal argument.  You got the software not from URC directly, but through a URC dealer.  I've been a URC dealer for several years and I don't recall anything in writing that said I could distribute software, it was all word of mouth through my URC rep.  You'd probably have more luck suing your URC dealer.

And now the discussion is posted in public how to circumvent the login to software that you don't own. If anything, URC could probably take action against you guys.  Might want to take those instructions to the realm of private messages.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse