The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 90 made on Saturday April 3, 2021 at 09:43
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 2, 2021 at 10:29, MNTommyBoy said...
No, I mean they could start to Own Harmony. I understand they have sold them, I'm on a Snap website every day.

Harmony is great for what it can do, the market it has historically catered to, and the price-points they offer. What they lack is execution, hence the Help button. If we had a little more control over code sets used and macros, it could be a solid, low-end pro line.

Since they always intended their remotes to be programmed by users and not programmers, they knew a help button would be needed after the first prototypes (the original idea came from a doctor, who wanted to be able to control his system without the whole dog and pony show of a more complex remote). The lack of programming expertise and laziness are what cause most of the problems, IMO- I see comments on Facebook from people who think they can't add buttons for specific commands and they don't seem to have read any of the instructions.

What do you want to do with their code sets? They're already the most complete in the market and they do learn- if needed, you can send codes in Hex and the tech support people can convert them to work with IR and IP if the device can be operated via IP. Macros can be created, delays added, repeats changed, commands added to activities, etc.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse