The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Saturday January 16, 2021 at 10:44
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 15, 2021 at 15:21, Vertical AV said...
Thanks for all the comments. It sounds like Heos and MusicCast are the best choices for integration. The feature pack and sources look very similar between the two so it's which speaker/form factor you like better or what receiver camp your in. As always a quality network is needed for both and hardwire if you can.

I heard the MusicCast speakers at a product demo and liked the sound, but when I asked the rep if they had ever discussed using a brick-style power supply, he asked why they would want to do that. I said that it would be an easy way to replace on-wall speakers with a streaming speaker because no outlet would be needed and he said "But these double the power when the impedance drops to 4 Ohms". As they passed the smallest speaker around the room, I looked at the label and saw that power consumption is 10W. 10W at 120VAC is a whole lot of not much power, so current-restricted wiring like normal speakers use is fine for that, even if the power supply voltage used is 12VAC.

The use of a brick power supply would also make this a great way to replace an ABUS system.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse