The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday January 9, 2021 at 09:51
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On January 9, 2021 at 06:11, highfigh said...
MusicCast WXC-50 has Napster, Sirius, Pandora, Spotify, Airplay, Tidal and Deezer. It can connect to a server, use a USB drive as a source, Net Radio, Bluetooth and has an Aux in/out- it also has optical in/out, digital coax in, analog line out, and can be used as a source (called 'Player', with fixed output) or in preamp mode, with variable output level. I use one as the preamp in my system and it works great- I think it's three years old, now.

Oh, yeah- it also has an IR input jack, 12V trigger and subwoofer output. I don't know about URC, RTi, etc, but Harmony can control this via IP, too. In addition, the web interface for general use and setup is great.

If you didn't/don't hardwire, you're asking for trouble, with any streaming device. It may work on WiFi when you're on site, but as soon as t hey have a houseful of people with smart phones and everyone's on the same node as the AV system, it can really slow down.

They have upped it then to close to the Heos services. But Heos is still easier to get set up. I tried to get musiccast to work on a customer’s AVR before Christmas and the app would never find the AVR. I got them working with airplay to the AVR and moved on.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse