Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday December 18, 2020 at 10:59
punter16
May 2011
On December 18, 2020 at 03:02, BrettLee3232 said...
I had a customer with an exiting Sony installed. We added a Sonos amp. Everything worked fine at install using ARC. Next day no sound and customer couldn’t turn on TV (using a Pro Control .R remote) I did a remote reboot via ovrc and that didn’t work. I swing by and disconnected the hdmi cable and that fixed the sound issue. Double checked all settings and everything seemed fine. I leave and it does it again.

I notice after a power reset of the tv, the tv will NOT receive the “on” command from the pro remote for 3 minutes. It would receive the “power” button from the cable remote. It also didn’t have sound.

Ended up doing optical for audio and adding a tv power toggle button on each device screen on the remote in case it wouldn’t turn on.

What a headache....

We have had a number of Sony TVs JUST recently that worked fine with standard discrete ON and OFF codes from URC and RTI that then stopped turning on/off. These are all new "H" series sets. We ended up doubling the power commands with a delay in between and then everything worked fine. Ex: TV ON...delay...rest of macro...TV ON.

Some of these jobs literally worked perfectly for 2 days...then stopped working. Sony must have done something with an update to screw these up.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse