Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Sunday December 13, 2020 at 12:58
punter16
May 2011
On December 13, 2020 at 10:31, PSS said...
I had a weird issue with a Sony XBR-55X900H. Installed in July of this year.
Customer said TV had issues when trying to turn on and no sound (sometimes got the Android reboot screen, etc.) She sent me a video of trying to turn on, a frustrating process.
Stopped by a month ago, software up to date, system turned on and off ok. I had Googled the issues and told husband we should to a factory reset (hold power while plugging in) but we'd need to set up the apps again, husband said "not today, I don't want to deal with setting everything up now". Oh yeah, and I got Covid from him, I was down for three weeks.
Now, fast forward to last week. Husband texts me "No sound this morning Sonos or built in speakers. Beyond frustrated. Seems like it must be the Sony. I'm willing to trash this on and buy another and pay you for your trouble. You can have this one if you can get it to work".
I grabbed a new 950H model (better chip) and swapped it out......
Threw the old one on my WiFi and monitored it (left it just like it was, no reset yet). It started acting up after a few days (wouldn't power on, power light blinked but never turned on). Had to press and hold to force power on/ reboot.
I tried updating the software a few times. It had some trouble downloading the update (stuck at 66%, or wouldn't download). So, it finally seemed to download but wouldn't actually finish it when powered down. I tried it 3-4 times.
So, I tried hardwiring the TV. Bam, downloaded AND took the new update first try.
Now, time will tell if it still has power on issues it was having but I figured I'd post my findings to help others in the field.
Who knows, the Sony "press and hold reset" may or may not have done the same thing. Right now it still had his apps and only the update and back on WiFi. I wanted to monitor it just to see, since it's just sitting on my bench.

Can you keep us posted? We're going to go out to a site where we've had issues like yours tomorrow and we're going to try factory resetting it again to see if this fixes anything.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse