The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday December 13, 2020 at 08:52
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 12, 2020 at 20:19, Ernie Gilman said...
So, as I was traveling along in the saga with my new components, I discovered that the Apple TV has some setup screens, for instance for overscan.

At one point I had the thing "test" the HDMI cable. The screen went mostly white with a slight bluish tinge, but to the left of center there was a slightly gray blue area with fuzzy edges and rounded corners. OBVIOUSLY a panel of LEDs in the TV wasn't working right! Piece of crap. I also noticed lack of uniform color in other places on the screen.

Then the thing quit testing the cable and told e the connection looks good. The overall screen color was bluish and that same area was a darker blue than the rest.

I'd like to stop here.

I wanted to stop to here theories and stuff, but that's not all.

On a CBS Network promo with the words "Let's Watch, the white background was similarly less than perfect but the blue square was gone. Then a day later the STATION 19 ID had about the best white I've ever seen that set do.

So... the Apple TV tells a TV screen to turn on full except for a 12" square over to the left? Doesn't figure!

What's happenin'?

Read the bold part and tell us who you are and what you did with Ernie.

Since you mentioned theories, this must include conspiracy theories- that square is for the PIP from the camera that's watching every move you make. It's part of the TV, but the video won't show on YOUR TV, just the one that receives the surveillance video.

Don't try to stop it- they know, man! They know!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse