The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 12, 2020 at 20:19
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
So, as I was traveling along in the saga with my new components, I discovered that the Apple TV has some setup screens, for instance for overscan.

At one point I had the thing "test" the HDMI cable. The screen went mostly white with a slight bluish tinge, but to the left of center there was a slightly gray blue area with fuzzy edges and rounded corners. OBVIOUSLY a panel of LEDs in the TV wasn't working right! Piece of crap. I also noticed lack of uniform color in other places on the screen.

Then the thing quit testing the cable and told e the connection looks good. The overall screen color was bluish and that same area was a darker blue than the rest.

I'd like to stop here.

I wanted to stop to here theories and stuff, but that's not all.

On a CBS Network promo with the words "Let's Watch, the white background was similarly less than perfect but the blue square was gone. Then a day later the STATION 19 ID had about the best white I've ever seen that set do.

So... the Apple TV tells a TV screen to turn on full except for a 12" square over to the left? Doesn't figure!

What's happenin'?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse