The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Friday November 6, 2020 at 21:25
Malcolm013
Long Time Member
November 2004
On November 6, 2020 at 12:48, Fritz Thomas said...
Cedia doesn’t seem to bring anything to the table that makes my business better or easier to manage. Before you flame I’m speaking for myself as a one man operator. In my opinion an organization such as this needs to bring something large like a universal low voltage certification that allows a contractor like me to work on low voltage in any community in my state. Tackling the unions and electricians is too large a task for small operators like me so if an organization such as Cedia made this happen I would see value in the membership. I don’t need them for day to day business, lead generation, or training. They have great resources for those that are new to the business but the membership becomes very stale within a few years. I know there are people that spend big lobby money to keep things locked up so it’s not a small feat but this has value to an established person or company. I spent days (and tried to get help as a Cedia member) trying to get a permit for low voltage in unincorporated Cook County which is controlled by the city of Chicago. The only way to realistically get one is to involve the site electrician and work out a deal to work under his permit. Anyway in short, I can’t justify a paid membership to an organization that doesn’t have big solutions.

Agreed
"Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, Maybe not...

Hosting Services by ipHouse