The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday September 24, 2020 at 09:46
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 23, 2020 at 20:04, Ernie Gilman said...
Sorry about that. I wanted to verify that I can't just lug the satellite receiver in to the service company to use it as a video source in pursuit of solving a problem.

I've got a Yamaha RX-A880 that came in to the disty with the last batch from Yamaha about six weeks ago. It does not perform right for me -- but... wait a minute!

I was about to say it works fine for the service guys, but when I looked carefully at the video they made of their test, I noticed they connected speakers to only the surround outputs and I don't know if the TV volumes are down. I'll add more to this as things shake out.

The problem as I've seen it is that you have to have a live HDMI device connected to HDMI OUT 2 in order to get audio on HDMI OUT 1; when you do that, you still don't just get audio and video on or off as appropriate.

For now, I'd say don't buy an RX-A880, as there might be an engineering or fabrication with mine and perhaps others. This is for my personal use so I'm trying to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Just because you gave no indication of whether you did or didn't, but was performing a hard reset the first thing done after unboxing this?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse