The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday September 23, 2020 at 20:04
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Sorry about that. I wanted to verify that I can't just lug the satellite receiver in to the service company to use it as a video source in pursuit of solving a problem.

I've got a Yamaha RX-A880 that came in to the disty with the last batch from Yamaha about six weeks ago. It does not perform right for me -- but... wait a minute!

I was about to say it works fine for the service guys, but when I looked carefully at the video they made of their test, I noticed they connected speakers to only the surround outputs and I don't know if the TV volumes are down. I'll add more to this as things shake out.

The problem as I've seen it is that you have to have a live HDMI device connected to HDMI OUT 2 in order to get audio on HDMI OUT 1; when you do that, you still don't just get audio and video on or off as appropriate.

For now, I'd say don't buy an RX-A880, as there might be an engineering or fabrication with mine and perhaps others. This is for my personal use so I'm trying to get it resolved as soon as possible.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse