The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday September 13, 2020 at 08:06
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On September 11, 2020 at 11:40, IRkiller said...
We are having a problem with devices connecting to Ubiquiti AP's. The problem seems to center around Apple devices connecting, re-connecting, and staying connected. Example of one of the quirks: Existing iphone that has been on (knows) the network will still ask for the password and then reject it. And maybe after rebooting the iphone/ipad, it'll catch and connect after 10-20 mins. PC's, android devices, etc connect and stay connected just fine. We are having this on several recent projects so we believe it's something we're doing/not doing.

We install a cloudkey on every project so it may be possible for us to adjust remotely.

I have one client that has been a total PITA, in part because he doesn't know what he is talking about but was making demands (such as demanding 5GHz speeds everywhere and wanted us to shut off 2.4GHz.  That created a host of issues.  He is all Apple and experiencing poor roaming.  We tried all the suggestions here, but his issues continue.  I have an Android and can walk around his house and outside and the phone jumps fine.  I instructed him before we every installed the network that he will likely have to turn wifi off and back on to roam, as Apple latches on.  He would not listen to reason and I was ready to swap the entire thing out for Eero when he talked to his IT guy at work, who I happen to know.  The IT guy basically confirmed everything I was telling him, which eased him, until several weeks ago, when he asked me for his cloud key login.

Hosting Services by ipHouse