The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Sunday August 23, 2020 at 09:54
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 23, 2020 at 09:25, highfigh said...
I had a problem with a remote from a company that tells us that their database is the best in the industry and at one point, I asked the guy in tech support if he wanted me to send the configuration file to him, so he could check for errors and his response was "I don't know what good that would do". I was so stunned that I forgot to ask for his name. I went to a training session for this brand a couple of weeks later and told the trainer about this and I thought his head was going to spin off. I have asked questions when calling another brand's tech support and they not only told me why the remote from a TV was controlling a camera DVR, he told me the manufacturer of the IR control chips and how they're like a set of commands without names until the equipment manufacturer decides how they want to assign them. They have also taken the hex code files I sent and added them to their database on several occasions- something the first brand I alluded to has never done for me and I assume, for others.

ISP/cable providers seem to be the worst, but I have had contact with a few who really knew what they were doing. If only we could be assigned someone with a clue, to be called when we need them.

Without even asking, I can tell that the company you are referring to is the same one I posted about above.

Hosting Services by ipHouse