The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Saturday August 22, 2020 at 10:07
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
There are good and there are bad.  If you think it is frustrating to deal with a caller while they change wires, try going to a job to add a music streamer to an existing system, which should take 20 minutes, and having all IP control of video devices in the system stop working.  4 calls to tech support with no resolution.  They kept rewriting my file, loading new completely new files.  They couldn't fix it.  Finally, a last call 8 and a half hours later, the 5th TS person immediately says she knows what is going on, and has me download a special "beta" version of the software and simply load our file and download to the system, voila.  Everything fixed.  8.5 hours due to some firmware issue that 4 of 5 tech support people had no clue about. This job was on a Friday, and they host a large party for the town every year with close to 200 guests and utilize the 3 outdoor TVs.  The party was on Saturday, so I was feeling the stress to get this going, so I had to also postpone my other job for that day a week due to this.  If TS simply communicated, I could have been out of there within an hour and moved on to my next job.

With that said, I get that is not necessarily the norm, but I rarely call in for support, and it is only when I have exhausted all thoughts on what could possibly be going on.  If you get a good TS agent, everything goes smoothly.  If you get one reading a script and doesn't seem to know any more about the system or issue than you do, the aggravation sets in.  The above example, btw, was the final straw that led me to seek out a new control/automation system after being with them for years.  There is only so much I can take.

Hosting Services by ipHouse