The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Saturday August 22, 2020 at 09:05
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 21, 2020 at 10:47, tomciara said...
|
I would have to say that RTI was perhaps the best or probably worst example. When everyone out in the field was having the same problems with their product, you could call them up to ask about it, and they would say it is the first time they had heard about it. That is what infuriates people in the field, trying to make their %#*@ work.

They're far from alone- if I had a dollar for every time I heard "Gee- I have never heard of this before", I could have retired and built a huge home, bought cars, etc. The fact that the tech support people rarely understand what we're trying to do makes it worse but, to be fair, the companies can't very well pay experts to sit at a computer and explain this stuff to people who may not have RTFM- there are just as many people in this industry who are clueless and that means they won't even ask the right questions. However, when I ask for answers to technical questions and even the engineers don't understand, it pisses me off- I'm not being paid to find out what their shyte does or doesn't do. They should already know that.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse