The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Wednesday June 10, 2020 at 08:54
Mr. Brad
Advanced Member
April 2008
On November 20, 2019 at 10:03, SB Smarthomes said...
I've been working with Environmental Lights for 5-6 years and have their LED strip installed on several very large projects (thousands of feet of LED strip) without any issue.

They carry UL rated products and have almost any option you can think of.

https://www.environmentallights.com/

+1

I have been immersed in lighting design for the last couple years. I feel like I started a new career. There is much more to know than I realized. I have overhead, recessed fixtures down, and moved on to LED strip lighting. There is as much to know, or more, than overheads. Voltage, wattage, lumen output, CRI, color temperature, maximum strip length, drivers, etc.

Have installed RGB, RGBW and color tunable strips. I have found the simplest installation involves a static color (typically 2700-3000), using a dimable power supply, that is compatible with a triac or ELV dimmer. Using RGB/W will require you to add a DMX or multichannel LED driver.

Consistency is our goal, and much of what I found on Amazon were toys, and very inconsistent. I'm sure there are some better suppliers on there, but we switched to Environmental Lighting. They have good introductory training videos, a large variety of lights, drivers and channels. They have been very responsive and helpful.

Good luck and have fun.

Hosting Services by ipHouse