Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Saturday April 25, 2020 at 12:44
ckleiman2
April 2020
This is starting to get intriguing. Initially, I just wanted to get hex codes that I could cut paste and verify through IR Dump.

Let me explain and I'll try not to get too confusing because it is a convoluted process;

I have a program called IRDump, which allows me to enter Pronto/hex codes and write them to an old Vity controller. I then verify the codes through an emitter connected to one of the controller's output ports. I attach the emitter to the learner for my current control system and learn the codes that way because the current learner doesn't accept hex codes.

I've been doing this for discretes for quite some time and it works well.

Recently, I've been trying with hex codes for Xfinity, which, as you probably know is RF.

The Xfinity codes work perfectly when verified directly out of the Vity controller, but, for some reason, my current learner won't learn them. I think the current learner misinterprets the codes?

Anyway, that's the reason I was asking anyone in the forum if they could recommend an IR learner that could accept and verify hex codes thinking maybe its time to retire the Vity.

I know this is a pretty broad question, but, I'll try. Given the above info how do you think IrScrutinizer can replace and/or do more than my current method?

Hosting Services by ipHouse