The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Sunday March 15, 2020 at 10:05
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 14, 2020 at 10:32, Rob Grabon said...
I find it ironic, how we are in the service business, but talk about tips to use self service DIY to check out; because of wait times, limited employees, and poor employer training. Hmm

Support yourself, and use the attendant aisle, create jobs, boycott the DIY and robots. Demand service! Ask to speaker to a manager.

Stop shopping and the warehouse clubs, support the mom and pop local grocery stores.

;)

If they would train the cashiers better, they would have more satisfied customers but right now, being surrounded by people I don't know isn't something I want to do, especially since I heard that two people with COVID-19 live about 3 miles from me and may have shopped at the same place I go to.

If you still have mom & pop grocery stores, consider yourself lucky- most of ours are long gone.

To give an example of bad employees (I have no idea of her level of training), I bought a bottle sparkling water that sells for $10/liter bottle along with the other items and when I scanned it, the tax was too high, but it corrects itself when more bottles are purchased. I told one of the 'floaters' who go around opening the bags (not sure why they think this is needed, but OK), refill the bag racks, refill/un-jam the receipt tape, etc that the tax was wrong and she just mumbled "Oh, uh, that's not my area...." and she walked away. What the hell happened to "I don't know, let me get someone for you to talk to"?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse