The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 126 made on Sunday January 26, 2020 at 14:10
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On January 26, 2020 at 11:06, Mac Burks (39) said...
It really surprises me when people talk about things as if technology will never change. I made a prediction for the future (i said 20-30 years from now) about cars with roof top solar panels and batteries with enough storage capacity to make them totally off the grid. No need to plug them in. Sun hitting those panels during the day is enough energy to run the car all night. The first 5 responses are "its not possible to collect that much energy with the panels that would fit on a cars roof".

The answer to that is "you mean its not possible TODAY". Todays panels and todays batteries cant make that happen. Technology for those two things will change and some day we wont need to plug cars in anymore. At some point a few hour trip to the moon was just "crazy talk". The crazy talk today is when someone says we cant go to the moon. That will happen with mars in the next few decades and some day we will be able to travel to the edge of this solar system...and beyond.

I didn’t say technology can’t change. I only was saying there is a big difference between Mars and the moon.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse