Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Wednesday January 22, 2020 at 14:11
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On January 22, 2020 at 13:34, tweetymp4 said...
Seven years... That's my opinion. Product should be fully functional and operational for seven years. That's my opinion.

But I'm not supreme ruler of the world, esp the audio/CE world, so Let's say five years is realistic.

I had thought 5 years was something most had come to accept for source equipment, a long time ago.
Things like TVs, AVRs, control systems, and other major components being 7 to 10 or more years.
And things like dedicated amps, speakers, etc. (things that don't have firmware built in), 10, 15, or more years (or until it dies).

If it wasn't for capitalism (not saying capitalism is bad - but this is one of the parts that creates a bad scenario), we would over build everything still. We would have processors & memory in these devices, that could last 20+ years before they become incapable of running advanced code to do what we want. And we wouldn't have mounds of e-waste killing our planet. But then how would these big corporations make their billions?
And what would we do if not constantly rewiring things and changing components out?

Hosting Services by ipHouse