Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Wednesday January 15, 2020 at 19:59
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Are there drummers better than Neil Peart?  I'm sure there are (especially more recently), but I'd bet most of them would list Neil Peart as someone who influenced them and their playing.
I was a mediocre bass player in my teens & 20’s and spent countless hours listening to and playing Rush songs trying to nail down Geddy Lee’s bass lines.

Neil seems like a guy I would have enjoyed sharing a drink or taking a bike ride with so sad to see him gone so soon.  I lost a friend to the same type of brain cancer last year.  He was even younger than Neil Peart and died within 8 months of his diagnosis.

Somewhat related… The band Nerf Herder recorded a song based on my wife called “The Girl Who Listened to Rush”.  Her and the lead singer are childhood friends and my wife got him listening to bands like Led Zepplin, Blue Oyster Cult, The Doors, Rush, etc. when they were kids.

If you’re a Rush fan, take a listen.  It’s a fun song (kind of a Rush parody).  The bridge is a little drawn out, but if you can get past that there are some Peart Riffs in the last verse.  Parry said they recorded the song on the same console Rush used for some of their albums.

Here’s the youtube link or you can find it on Spotify:
"

Last edited by SB Smarthomes on January 15, 2020 20:13.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse