The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Wednesday January 15, 2020 at 16:05
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
On January 15, 2020 at 11:08, MNTommyBoy said...
Dude is really good, for sure. However, he's playing for Guitar Center, not for a band that pushed their genre (prog rock) for decades on the radio and in hundreds of stadiums around the world for millions of people. That's what makes greatness.

Exactly. I don't pick drummer based on drum solo competitions. Frankly I don't think Jerome's solo is that great. Now I jumped flash forwarded 7 years (2016) and Tony Taylor's solo is a much more concise solo and has great flow.

Here is one of Neil's concert solo's.

Yes Neil has like 100 more pieces. Although, whose to say if any of these Guitar Center winners could play a set with substantially more pieces. Although, in the solo pieces are more played in groups. 1/2 the set is regular percussion instruments and the other half incorporates the electronic drums. For the regular songs the drums from half the set are utilized. Plus you also have to remember Neil's concert solo is after playing like 1.5 hrs and then playing another 1.5hrs of thereafter. Not the same as going all out on performing a 5min solo. Not discounting the musical ability of any of these drummers. They are all great But writing music and playing at Neil's level for like 40+ years and getting that amount of music out of a band with just 3 members is downright amazing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse