Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Thursday January 2, 2020 at 11:45
iimig
April 2011
I like Eero for a lot of applications, but it's definitely not the highest performance option out there. For those wondering, you can connect multiple Eero pro units to Ethernet to create a multi-wap network that uses an ethernet backbone instead of wireless.

But that being said, I did recently go to a project where the homeowner had installed Eero himself. He had 2 Pros and one Beacon (all current generation) to cover a 1500sq ft house and 750 sq ft detached office. He had a gigabit WAN connection but only observed about 30mbps in the detached office, and up to 300 right at the Pro serving as the main router. He didn't realize this until much later after the initial install because the Eero app will tell you internet speeds which he was referencing, but that obviously does not reflect WiFi speeds.

We revamped it with fiber connecting the two buildings and 2 Unifi HD access points, one for each building. Now he can get about 850mbps with a Macbook Pro and better range because the APs are placed more strategically. Thought about Araknis but with the fiber part of it, Ubiquiti was a fraction of the price using their UFiber pieces.
The less I say, the smarter I will appear

Hosting Services by ipHouse