The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday January 1, 2020 at 23:15
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On January 1, 2020 at 18:14, gerard143 said...
Have 1 client with eero a prior installer did. 3 of them in the home. Roaming on it sucks. Handoff is not good. They get stuck not handing off or sometimes it will completely drop wifi versus handing off. And sometimes it works fine. Personally I would like to throw them all in a trash and do a real network with a hardwired backbone between access points.

I am kind of surprised all the "pros" on here recommending Eero. I'd roll out ubiquiti or ruckus in a second (with a hardwired backbone between access points) over rolling out eero in any situation that a wired backbone was practical.

Also eero doesn't even have a web gui. No adjustments for radio power to help with roaming and handoff. And about 35 other limitations I can rip off the top of my head.

These things are hardly professional network hardware.

What do you mean "problems with handoff"? What devices are having a problem? Give an example scenario.

We are using EERO for a couple of small (8-10 zones) crestron system that uses iPads for control. Clients have ipads iphones laptops alexa streaming boxes etc. Typical $1mil-$5mil home with low 6 figure AV systems. We have zero issues with them. The "hand over" and lack of real management tools is a pain but...setup is idiot proof and painless so for small systems or just average joa wifi its a miracle product imo.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse