The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Wednesday January 1, 2020 at 10:03
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 31, 2019 at 14:03, Ernie Gilman said...
This reminds me of the average media sciencey report that says so and so has caused a threefold increase in the incidence of such and such condition. They omit that the occurrence has increased from one in ten billion to three in ten billion.

It's impossible to tell how sizable a number like $12 billion is when you don't cite what percentage of the pie it is. I mean, that would sure line my pockets, but as Everett Dirksen once said, "A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money."

Then, there are those who would say that the first number (one billion) is three times less than the other.

You could look into it just as easily as I did before finding the $12 Billion number in the time needed to post your reply.

As I have said before- do a google search for what you want and enter the words you would use when asking someone, orally. Be as specific as needed in order to find the results you want.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse