The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday December 18, 2019 at 15:12
ichbinbose
Select Member
August 2011
On December 18, 2019 at 11:25, gwilly said...
Been reading this thread with great consternation. I have had the same issues as the OP and others have described on several commercial/restaurant jobs with dire consequences and massive stress that occurred.

Network grinded to a halt with manager of said facility indicating "google won't load or any page for that matter" while I was on site. Sure enough it was true, rebooted modem and router and all seemed to work again. I finally heard from I can't remember where to use other DNS numbers which I switched to OpenDNS and these seem to be ok.

Could SNAP put a orange header on the OVRC page or send out urgent e-mail to indicate this issue instead of me finding out about it on a message forum?

The other issue is with the WAP's from Araknis, I guess the recommendation is to turn off band steering? Plus is the damn WAN 2 port now active so I can have fail-over ISP redundancy with these new routers. Thank goodness I still have plenty of the old ones working with WAN 2 and none of the DNS issues that there are now.

Finally, would SNAP buy or develop some sort of top down controller based technology (unifi or luxul style) for their WAPs, I don't enjoy doing all that extra work--yes I know I can upload a backup to the another WAP but the changes I might make in the future sometimes are easier doing ala-carte per unit. Plus the save and reboot times and if it reloads are so wonky.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

I would recommend that you look into a more professional product to use in commercial environments.
In commercial the network not working can cost a business thousands a minute so I’d only use a product that has 24/7 support not a Monday-Friday only support.

Hell my residential clients won’t tolerate this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse