The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 11, 2019 at 16:22
PSS
Select Member
December 2002
So, I'm on the phone now for my client with DirecTV ready to cancel service. They are trying to upgrade, what a disaster DirecTV is now.
So, looking at Dish Network. It's not very widely used here in Los Angeles. The house needs 8 TV's total. 6 1080p, 2 4K TV's. Is this easily done? We have new RG6 QS to each TV. But, hoping Dish Network has small enough clients to hide behind some if the TV's (like little dtv genies).
They don't watch much sports, etc. Which seems to be ok if going to Dish Network also need multi room viewing DVR. Seems to look like Dish is decent on all these area. Am I missing anything? Still on hold with DTV retention Dept, ready to cancel!!

UPDATE: I just cancelled DTV after the client has been a DTV customer for over 25 years. The customer retention dept said they could only do wireless clients for a few all couldn't be hardwired. I said you're full of it and cancelled the service.
Client is going to post on Twitter (pic of all the DTV equipment in a trash can)

My questions are:
How many coax are needed to Dish?
How does the multi room viewing work, if any different from other systems. I ask because I remember coming across a Dish system that had second room connected via coax or something....Not sure how it works now.
I'll have 6 standard receivers (1080p) with the need for RF control of the STB (receivers will hide behind the TV's on most). That leads to the next question, the actual size of the 1080p STB's. I don't want to install a large back box to hide STB.
Also 2-4K receivers to a Media Room (new 98" Sony!! Woo Hoo) and Family Room systems.
Integration, IP Control or just ir?
Any helpful hints on ordering service, installation, etc would be helpful.

Last edited by PSS on November 11, 2019 18:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse