The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday November 2, 2019 at 03:09
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 1, 2019 at 13:38, Ernie Gilman said...
Let me rewrite this post.

Why on earth would you not check for a short to ground on speaker wires, instead going for something, what, a little more ordinary?

If you're going to swap amp positions, you have to disconnect the speaker wires. At that moment you are set up to check for a short to ground. And you're going to consciously refuse to check that situation?

For some reason you'd bypass that entirely valid test, a test that would rarely show a problem... because that problem is extremely rare? How would you feel about a doctor who doesn't run a test, even though the symptoms match a few conditions, those conditions are rare? Especially if he has to do something that sets up the conditions for an additional simple test?

I'd want to gather all the information I could along the way.

Since this is a takeover, I do agree that referencing the speaker wires to ground is a good idea- if I run cables and I know there's no way for them to contact a ground, I don't check this unless I know that someone has been working near my cables.

However, the amp is going to sleep, not going into protection or blowing the fuse, which is directly below the power cord, assuming this is one of the models I mentioned earlier.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse