The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Sunday September 15, 2019 at 14:39
FP Crazy
June 2003
A few thoughts

Passive xovers usually introduce phase linearity problems. I don't believe electronic xovers suffer from that (especially digital xovers). But those phase irregularities are usually not as noticeable in the mid bass region (where most biamping xover points occur). More noticeable in the midrange where our ears and hearing is strongest.

Of course, the other advantage is extracting the bass out of the amp that is driving the hi pass frequencies. So it is not burdened with bass soaking power that is going to be passively filtered out anyway

And I wonder if biamping the speakers would still send the signal though the internal hi pass coils and caps in the speaker's hi pass passive xover? Those components not only "color" the sound but soak power (inefficient)

None of these thoughts answer the question about getting a Yammy AVR to perform as described. I tend to agree it's a bit like putting lipstick on a pig. Until the plan steers towards an electronic digital xover that can control q, slope, etc and using quality real amps with hefty power supplies. You're just masterbating.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse