The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday August 26, 2019 at 14:00
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On August 25, 2019 at 01:17, KenSmith58 said...
I just can't figure out why people that aren't dealers are so loyal to a company that doesn't treat the public fair(in my opinion).

We're professional installers and we're treated very fairly. I don't understand the problem. (That probably deserves a smiley emoji.)

As someone already mentioned, someone who's not been trained on this programming is likely to call and ask questions about things they'd learn in training. I, as an installer, can't spend my money ( = time I'd be on another job) to help out individuals, and URC can't add onesy phone calls to their tech lines to tell one person after another things they would have learned if they had gone to the training.

The reason for all this is so that we installers will find the product profitable, and therefore will buy it. Not that we don't come down on them like a ton of bricks when they screw up... but it's a good relationship for the brand.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse