The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday August 19, 2019 at 10:10
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
On August 18, 2019 at 22:32, Brad Humphrey said...
You have to read :)

"Genie 2" systems (HS-17) can ONLY have client boxes on the account. And a "Genie 2" can only stream to 7 boxes at a time. The total number of boxes on the account is at least 8 (by everything I have been told and verified) but could be as many as 11 (although I have no idea if Ed has actually seen an install yet with that many).

A regular Genie system (HR-54, -44, -34) can have an unlimited number of boxes. I have many systems out there with dozens of receivers on them.

correct, but to clarify. on the regular genie, you can only have 3 active clients streaming from it simultaneously. so consider a genie and 3 clients max. however.......... you can have any number of other HD-DVRs and HD boxes on the account. we regularly have 12-16 directv receivers on an account.

with a Genie 2, you are not only limited to the maximum number of clients the Genie 2 itself will support (we think 8) you are limited by the fact, that is the only receivers you can have on the account. you cannot have ANY OTHER RECEIVER on account. Period.
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse