The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday July 24, 2019 at 09:04
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 23, 2019 at 09:57, radiorhea said...
Quality of the material of the screen, motor, and they offer a switch. Fine adjustments, the design to keep the screen tight, I could go on.

Oh and it is used by the film industry as the standard.

Short story. I had a fixed perf screen that was twelve years old, client upgraded the projector, the screen material needed an upgrade as well. Called Stewart, they pulled the original design build from the archives, built a new screen material, shipped, and it was an exact match to the original frame, so no redesign to anything, just pulled the screen down, unsnapped the old perf screen and snapped on the new one, and rehung.

1/2 the price.

Plus they will custom build the screen to any size, color, etc.

Just try them once and you will never be popped again and they will offer you a switch ;>)

Half of the price?

I have worked with Stewart screens, just not in several years. Your example- I would say Snap is too new to need that but Snap isn't a manufacturer, either. That's definitely a benefit for Stewart.

Ever work with Bretford? I had to replace a motor on one of their screens because the switch was wired wrong- if the biatch in customer service is still there, I'll pass on dealing with them again.

Not sure a switch is a deal-breaker, but I guess that depends on the end-user's needs.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse