The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 83 made on Thursday June 20, 2019 at 23:13
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
On June 20, 2019 at 22:27, 3PedalMINI said...
What I personally think is happening- (cross post from IP)
Who knows what else is going on but you know Snap has enough products in the wild to have a pretty healthy data mine to sell to other companies. The second snap purchases C4 they get millions more of consumer data. They very well, and may, already have plans to bring a DIY product to the masses.

I got to extensively talk to Hayman a few years ago at dinner shortly after he took the position. Lets just say I don't have the utmost confidence that he has our (CI's) best intentions at heart.

We also have to realize C4 bought NEEO, which was a consumer centered remote. Pair a redesign, with a CA1 (or EA1) and you have a pretty powerful DIY solution. It is very clear SNAP now may, if its not already become the most powerful company in our industry. Which also means they have deep pockets. After snap's acquisition of C4 stock in cash theres no telling how much money they actually have and how deep their pockets run.

If anyone can bring a DIY solution to market and market it properly, its snap. The money is in the data, they will happily sell it at a loss and recoup on the sale of data.

Just my speculation of course, but I dont have the warm and fuzzies going forward.

Most would say the Snap overpaid for C4. The people really in charge over at Snap are not stupid they have a plan to recoup their investment and I can guarantee that it will not be good for us. Control4 realized they had reached as much saturation as they figured they could and punted to Snap.

In my opinion you will see changes that aim to move more boxes. And not just a few more. Many multiples more. We will bitch but they dont care. They are a business and their ONLY goal is to make money. They will not do that by keeping C4 as a dealer centric product line.

Hosting Services by ipHouse