The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday June 19, 2019 at 02:29
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
highfigh, you still are answering as though you have zero idea what I've been asking for here.

I need IR codes to control a Spectrum 210. If you had understood that, you, having experience with those boxes and remotes, would have probably told me I could get those codes by unpairing the box from the remote, giving me an IR remote with the proper codes.

So... I didn't know, it didn't occur to me, that unpairing the remote might be simple and might offer the solution.

After that realization, my least favorite thing about the internet happened: I came across instructions from the manufacturer (follow the link above) detailing how to unlink the units... and they gave instructions that did not work.

I then got lucky by exploring the entire menu system of the box, and I found the correct instructions. The online instructions told me to hold down the OK button. The box itself said hold down the OPTIONS button.

Anyway, that work is over for now and he's going to use the system for a week to see if there's anything he wants to tweak.

Thanks for the help.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse