The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Monday June 17, 2019 at 09:51
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 17, 2019 at 02:00, Brad Humphrey said...
Tonight I sat on the tailgate of my truck and ate a tomato that just ripen from the garden. As I sat and listen to Coeur De Pirate (a Canadian-French singer), I thought about how well the French are doing and the type of government they have. How they have been a country for a hell of a lot longer than the US.
Then I thought about all the other old world countries and their forms of government and how they have all been around so much longer than we.

Thinking about things here, it occurred to me how things have been going down hill every generation since the 1950's-70's. My family linage dates back to the Mayflower, long before there was even a country here. They have always been poor and mostly farmers, with the generations just before me in the southern Indiana area.
I found myself wondering if the old saying "This is why we can't have nice things" to be more true than we care to. If all the idiots, zealots, and other slim of society (rich or poor) have now brought it all to an end. That I might actually witness the end of this once great nation in my lifetime (I'm only in my mid 40's now - although I feel so much older these days). And how it will affect what little freedoms I have left.

The moon is full tonight, looks beautiful. And this is a great tasting tomato!

Yeah, the French are doing great. Violent protests, general strikes, low wages, 9% unemployment and some of the highest taxes in Europe.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse