The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday June 7, 2019 at 13:46
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
My ex is a doula and has helped women through labor and with breastfeeding.

She's had several vegetarian clients who were suffering with headaches, and lack of energy and general misery. She changed their lives by prescribing a good a steak. More than one said that they actually felt a difference in their body before they even finished the meal!

On a related topic, brains need fats to develop. At about a year of age, our first kid reached out and grabbed the stick of butter that was on the table and gobbled down about a quarter of it. We were of the school that believes that a child that young won't have developed cravings except for things they NEED. After he ate that amount, he stopped and never did it again. At that time we didn't have an especially low fat diet, but obviously he wasn't getting what he needed. And he's quite intelligent, thank you.

(Let me add here that when I say a steak, I mean a GOOD steak. When I was on chemo and had little energy, I went meat shopping one day and realized how many pieces of beef were actually tough, and had to be cut small and chewed and chewed. I decided if I was going to eat beef, I wasn't going to also fight it. I got a small amount of filet mignon. It was just the right thing.)

...and this still isn't a forum for this kind of subject.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse