The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 322 made on Tuesday May 21, 2019 at 10:49
Techsquad
Long Time Member
August 2010
On May 21, 2019 at 07:09, goldenzrule said...
Love how you think Portal is the only proposal software on the planet. How condescending of you to presume anyone not using it is using QuickBooks. I spent 1 day setting my Dtools back up and entering all of the SKUs we typically use. To maintain that will take about the same time it took me to double check EVERY price on portal since it was off so often. All I have to do is add a new sku here and there. Otherwise the process is as fast or faster to create a proposal. I did not use portals ordering system after several issues with botched orders combined with the rewards thing. There was no reason to use it any longer. Dtools proposals look better and provide more options. About the only thing I lose is notification of when they open the proposal if emailed. And dtools is paid for, so my monthly spenditure on software is $0

Really I don't think Portal is the only proposal software in the world, we have gone through several others before adopting Portal.
Good for you that your dtools is paid for and setup the way you like and working for you. My only point is, if Portal is not for you ( I don't mean you - goldenzrule .. i mean all the people condemning Portal ) just don't use it anymore.
For my needs, it's a great platform and they deserve my appreciation. Despite the bugs that needs to be worked on, I am a strong believer that the more people appreciating their work and supporting them, the better they will be. And as for the Quickbooks that i mentioned, i assumed folks like you that had been paying for dtools or other paid estimating software wouldn't be using portal anyhow... but sorry if sounded condescending to you. It was certainly not my intention at all. I am here to contribute and learn.

Hosting Services by ipHouse