The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday May 3, 2019 at 08:44
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 3, 2019 at 00:48, Ernie Gilman said...
Nope. I had to turn the unit to the right and that inch further over was almost impossible to reach. It had a cable plugged into it that went to his HDFlow.... whose power supply blew out a couple of years ago.

Yes.
Who said Monitor 2 was used?

As a matter of fact it was used, but to feed an HDFlow whose power supply blew out a couple of years ago. And as I said it was almost impossible to reach.
I had no video.
You bet. Back when the system was working with... SOUND!

But that bit of humor aside, the sound went out a few days ago, then more recently the picture went out.
Yeah, that's true.

So much info that wasn't given to us.........

Ever try using an analog video output for setting up an AVR? That's what works before the HDMI has been set up and would work if the HDMI stops working.

Is that HDFlow a person? How would it be 'whose power supply blew out..."? It's a thing, so ITS power supply blew out. (Hey, if you can do it....)

Amazing how other people install this stuff- I was referred to someone and the original installers didn't leave much slack on their 'stiff as a board' HDMI cable so when I would move the AVR, I was very careful. The cable guy- not so careful but I was the one who got the call that the video was out after he replaced the cable box. I checked it out and found that part of the thin plastic divider in the HDMI Monitor Out port was stuck in the end of the cable because it had been pulled to the side, with the end inserted so its width was horizontal. I made a tool to remove that and found that it still worked, which was good because the pinheads who installed it couldn't find their way from the cabinet to the basement so they ran it through the wall in a way that made it un-replaceable via that path. They had drilled two holes in the basement plaster ceiling below when they tried to pass cables to the cabinet and couldn't find their hole in the floor but were one joist space away from daylight. Then, they just abandoned the bundled cable and speaker cables, leaving them to hang behind the laundry room door, rather than remove them when it was only about 25 feet long and not hidden.

Last edited by highfigh on May 3, 2019 08:56.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse