The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday May 2, 2019 at 18:14
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 2, 2019 at 14:42, Ernie Gilman said...
Plenty of HDMI outputs. Two, to be exact. I admit I only tried the main output, but there was no signal on it.

Resetting the receiver gave me back the video. I found no power amp outputs at all. This is the same problem the receiver had about three years ago. Clent says "trash it. It's the same problem again but it's no longer under warranty."

I recommended to this client (in 2011) that he should purchase a Yamaha from me. My recommendation got overridden by the guy who used to run the A/V chain I worked at. This guy was in love with Integra. Despite some early setup problems.

I guess failure of audio, followed a week later by failure of video (though resetting fixed that for now), was enough to make the receiver binworthy.

For me, the Integra remote alone would have stopped me.

The second HDMI output was an inch from the one you used and you didn't bother to try it? Did the first one have ARC stamped above it? That's probably the reason Monitor 2 was used. Did you go into the menu to re-assign the inputs? Did the audio work before? Since you didn't mention that, I'll assume it did.

That's a long way to make the point that he should have heeded your recommendation..
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse