The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday May 2, 2019 at 09:12
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 1, 2019 at 16:04, Ernie Gilman said...
Here's the answer: the instructions for resetting the DTR-40.2 do not state that you're to do this from the front of the receiver, not from the remote. So, solved. If that works.

Original post:

I've got a client whose Integra DTR 40.2 might have a problem, but the manual says, wisely, to reset the receiver before calling the dealer. The instructions for reset made me laugh at first but simply leave me baffled.

Instructions say to turn on the unit, and while holding down VCR/DVR, press On/Standby. "Clear" will appear in the display and the receiver will enter Standby mode.

Right below that, there's an image of a finger on the VCR/DVR button, and a second image with a finger on the
button.

This remote has an On button and a separate Standby button. In fact, on the facing page there's an image of the remote showing those two buttons.

I've tried following this, with zero result. (It did occur to me to push "Receiver" under Remote Mode before doing this).

Any hints how to REALLY reset this receiver?

...and the most obvious problem with the unit is that there's no HDMI output. I haven't checked other outputs.

Thanks in advance.

I have never seen a manufacturer state that the remote should be used when resetting a receiver- the instructions I have read always state that the hard buttons on the receiver be pressed.

Sometimes, it's necessary to disconnect the power cord, wait and reconnect it before resetting.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse