The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 20, 2019 at 21:53
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
I am so excited for this, I don’t think I have been this excited over a mini series since the final season of Breaking Bad. The cast looks excellent and as long as they stay true to the disaster I think it will be a hit. (It’s on HBO)

I’ve always had a fascination with nuclear disasters, nuclear energy and all things atomic. Back in the day I would watch and learn anything I could on nuclear things. I was a huge history channel guy and modern marvels and remember being in 6th grade when they did the engineering disasters on nuclear energy. (3mile island and Chernobyl) any time we had open research papers I would do it on some sort of nuclear disaster.

My bucket list item is to go visit Chernobyl. It’s now safe enough you can spend a few hours doing a tour. It’s sad but at the same time how many places can you go that are literally frozen in time and stuck to such a historical and engineering disaster.

On a side note, I think one of the best top gear episodes was when they went to Chernobyl.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse