The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday April 18, 2019 at 14:33
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I might have the answer. It seems the dry contact can be used to ring the doorbell.

I just read through the document for which I provided a link in Post 4. This sentence from near the end of the installation instructions of any help:
The 24 volt/2Amp dry contact switch closure may also be used for home automation or security panel panic alarm interface.

Just in case this is not clear, "24 Volt/2 Amp switch" doesn't mean there's 24 volts anywhere in the system. It means this switch is rated to switch up to 24 volts at a maximum current of 2 Amps.

The ordinary non-lit doorbell button is a dry contact. Doesn't that mean you can use this unit's dry contact so that pushing the intercom button rings the doorbell? As I said, the instructions aren't clear enough to think things through... is that dry contact a part of the intercom push button, or is it a separate switch?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse