The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday April 5, 2019 at 09:49
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 1, 2019 at 17:31, King of typos said...
Does anyone know what is AB policy on missing cable boxes?

Last July when a tech came out for a trouble call. We went over the account, and discovered that there are 3 boxes attached to the account that were no longer here. My landlady recalled that they were returned with no receipt. This might have been around the time that Metrocast was the provider and then AB bought them out.

Now it turns to find out that those boxes are still on the account and is being charged. (auto payments, thus she doesn't check the bill.)

So what are her options? AB are insisting that they still here and were never turned in. They are insisting that their system can not see them, no 2-way communication.

My thought is to have a police report written up and turn it over to AB. But she's afraid that AB will charge her or have her go through her insurance company.

I told her when one of my Dish Joey's went missing. I had a police report written up and Dish just removed it from my account. No charge to me or home owner's insurance.

Have any of you gone through this with AB? If so, what happened?

KOT

I would ask her who returned them. I doubt AB accepts returns without giving a receipt- Time Warner/Spectrum doesn't- I have never been able to leave boxes without one and I picked up & returned a helluva lot of boxes over the years.

When did the provider change over to AB? How much has she paid, if they were returned at that time? How many times has someone from the provider looked at the equipment from outside or on site? I would grind the provider- they do make mistakes.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse