The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday February 22, 2019 at 11:14
ggarza270
Long Time Member
November 2010
On February 21, 2019 at 17:16, goldenzrule said...
I quoted a prewire for a builder I have worked with for several years.  They asked for a quote for a spec house that is exactly the same footprint as one we did 2 winters ago, asked for the same exact wiring.  I quoted it with pricing along the lines of the pricing you mentioned.  Not only did they no approve it, they never responded to my calls, emails, or texts.  2.5 months.  My electrician told me that had him wire it, which he did not want to do.  He charged them $50 a drop, with a little more for speaker locations.  Everybody wants everything for nothing nowadays

We have a builder that we do work for. We did 3 of his personal homes before and on the one he currently lives at he said the electrician said he’ll wire and install everything for free. My boss told him he wouldn’t do that so the electrician went ahead and wired it. They wired everything into a small built in cabinet in the mud room. After a week of him moving in he called us so we can go hang up his TVs because the electricians only hung up 1 tv and couldn’t get it working. We went hung up all his TVs got them working and setup some sonos speakers around the house so he can have some music. They took over 2 months to install the speakers, everything had speaker rings installed. And they wired a surround room and 6 stereo rooms to 1 Denon. They didn’t even use zone 2 they just hooked everything up to the fronts. They were using Clare controls but they didnt know how to set it up.

We ended up going ripping everything out and using the sonos we took out of his old house and putting in a savant controller.

Hosting Services by ipHouse