The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday January 26, 2019 at 19:39
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 26, 2019 at 14:24, Ernie Gilman said...
That evening I got a call from the client -- the Denon had switched off in the middle of a TV show. Nothing seemed to have caused it.

When I was on the service call a day later I found the Zone 2 volume turned up all the way. Apparently Zone 2 was on Tuner; Zone 2 volume was up all the way; and some thump or other had been loud enough to shut down the amp, even though the tuner could not be heard. (Did I mention there were two pairs of Zone 2 speakers and the individual VCs for them were turned down all the way?).

If I had put Zone 2 volume on the programmable remote, it would have been my fault that it got adjusted. The daughter used a remote that she was not qualified to use, so it was her fault.

This happened one other time with a client, where I drove out to do a service call, before I figured out this was serviceable over the phone. I just had to recognize the problem before I drove out there.

Yes, remotes should be intuitive.

I had someone text me that he wasn't getting anything from Zone 2 and the universal remote can only be used to make a few changes to the settings. Unfortunately, the Menu button can't be disabled. I figured that he either used that or accidentally activated the Zone 2 control on the Denon remote before selecting a source. I may have to hide the OEM remotes- he's too damn impulsive and he thinks he knows what's happening with this stuff.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse