Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday January 25, 2019 at 18:11
punter16
May 2011
On January 25, 2019 at 01:13, davidcasemore said...
You can sell more 4K TVs by offering to buy back all of the crappy 3D TVs and glasses that you sold to them a few years back. Just sayin'.

One of the underlying problems with this industry is how you all got so lazy earning so much money on product margins that you were giving away your labor, your design fees, your programming time. One Runco plasma and the rest was covered.

I come from the electrical contracting world. Sometimes we could get a few points on light fixtures but on new housing the builder always made sure he got the entire cut from the lighting supply house. Then came the big box stores and homeowners would take their fixture allowance and get their own (very crappy) stuff on their own. In my area, electricians and plumbers etc. wouldn't even roll a truck a mile away for less than $125 - in 1990! Hourly rate was $100 for a master electrician. That's how we made money - and stayed in business.

You are now in a 100% service industry and you need to bill appropriately. Lawyers bill you if they have to make a photocopy of a document - that's the way you have to think if you want to survive.

The above is great. The free walkthrough, consultations, etc. need to stop. These guys are making it hard for others and putting themselves out of business...not to mention I'm getting tired of cleaning up their messes.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse