The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Tuesday January 22, 2019 at 14:57
redridged
Lurking Member
January 2019
One problem with this otherwise excellent remote (I have several) is the dreaded micro USB port fragility (who knew). They simply do not hold up physically. I have two that require holding upside down "just so" with a steady hand during the upload/download process. A couple of them require "weighting" the cable by placing a small object under the cable near the remote to bias the connection upward or downward. One good visual indicator is the yellow (current being drawn) LED on the charging cable (available everywhere with charging LEDs) and the continual confirmation screen on the remote. If it goes dark you do not have a full data transfer connection.

Has anyone opened the 990's case and seen if there is good access for soldering in a replacement jack? I think a swap back to the mini (rather than micro) would be a more reliable long term solution.

Also is the MX-990 still being manufactured? The whole Complete Control line for that matter? The CC line has disappeared from my local dealer distributor's website.

I've been off this forum so long I forgot my old user name!

Last edited by redridged on January 22, 2019 15:32.

Hosting Services by ipHouse