The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday January 16, 2019 at 12:06
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On January 15, 2019 at 23:17, 1234tech said...
Interesting to me that we are all techies probably in our jobs to get to play with really cool and many times more-expensive-than-we-can-afford toys yet we push back so hard if comes from outside of our niche industry...

This isn't like audiphiles crying about how CDs ruin the sound of music (that should only come from reel to reel or LP)...or those same audiophiles then whining about how the iPod is ruining the sound of their CD music

I get the safety side concerns but these devices are making lives easier. Many of our customers inquire about these technologies. If we don't live with them to compare and contrast to what we offer then we are doing our customers an injustice imo.

Privacy/safety is the only concern. Otherwise we all love it. The company I work for did a 4:3 theater 25 years ago with voice control. "Movie Time" turned the system on.

I started with the amazon experience but have moved to Google. Amazing what I can do with Google today! I start my morning getting weather and traffic and a schedule review.

My kids use it to ask relevant questions and to play music.

My wife uses it to display recipes.

We all use it to control lights and shades.

This is only scratching the surface. Am I willing to trade some privacy for the lifestyle enhancement? Yes... Do I manage it for the safety of my family? Yes!
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse