The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Thursday January 10, 2019 at 22:02
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
On January 7, 2019 at 23:53, Fins said...
Have you compared Crestron in side by side tests with other brands? Or have you used any other systems and can provide feedback on how they compare?

I’ve toured the Snap facilities on a couple occasions and they also have many engineers working on this stuff. I doubt any manufacturer has only one guy in his mom’s garage working on HDMI distribution.

I have not had a chance to do a side by side as we do not have a lab in our office. I've used plenty of matrices over the years and demo anything and everything at Cedia each year. When I can't get answers, they are vague, o JAP's tag line for years, its good enough, and they (customer) do not need that. I avoid those products. We have a lot of faux K out there and it is getting us into trouble.

I once had a client yell at me because she figured out we were using a Samsung TV in a pop up cabinet almost completely covered in fabric. Her words were anyone can buy that TV, I want something special. This was 32" (or so) display for a guest bed room.

So sometimes good enough is not really good enough. When it is run with it I guess.
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse