Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Thursday January 10, 2019 at 16:36
Brett Bjorkquist
Long Time Member
March 2018
Hey Therockhr,

I push heavily for IP on those lines, especially the D&M and Russound product. There is a bit of a chicken/egg with this in that consumers aren't using it as much as dealers, so I need the dealer growth to be able to request more resources for more IP. (My current priority has been on the new dealer portal, and new product for the channel, but we've been working on new IP as well, it just becomes prioritization like anything else).

Out of curiosity, I would think that in the case of a Russound or most AVRs, that the hub would typically be located in the same area as the equipment. Are you finding that the IR/RS232 on the Russound isn't as accurate as the IP? I'm curious if it opens up DSP or any new features we can't access from an IR code? I was always a bigger Niles guy, and in the past few years have moved over to Sonos to pull the source and amp together. The MCA-88 is in our system as an example, and for the most part, if a device uses discrete codes which this does, there shouldn't be any issues. Same with any of the AVRs. I am testing an Onkyo at the moment with their new Sonos compatibility, but have had Denon product in my home for the past 15+ years, plus selling Sony ES, Pioneer, Integra, etc. As a rule if there is a 3.5male to male input I use that, and can't remember the last time I missed a command. With that said, I agree things are going to IP, and prefer to use it where I can, I just think that with discrete codes, and Harmony power settings, we are able to still control most of what the dealer/client needs, but always appreciate hearing what's important to the channel.

If you shoot me an email, I can get you added to our webinar and dealer training, where we are always talking about these kinds of things. Plus we are working on a dealer forum so we can help, and other Harmony experts can ask and answer as well.
Brett Bjorkquist
Logitech - CI/Pro Channel
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse